Yoga has become the most famous form of exercise throughout the world. A 100-year-old person to a 3 old child is practicing yoga across the world.
Yoga has many benefits to people of all age groups, and particularly the benefits of yoga for children are uncountable. Hence many schools are including yoga in their regular curriculum according to their age.
- Yoga enhances Physical Strength and growth: Yoga helps the children for their physical growth by releasing healthy hormones, thereby developing a healthy body. Yoga improves their lung capacity, strength and also plays a crucial role in their mental and emotional well-being.
- Yoga develops a flexible body: Benefits of yoga in early childhood are innumerable. Kids doing yoga develop flexibility in their body, improving their physical activeness and making their tender joints more strong.
- Yoga improves performance in schools: Yoga benefits for students are uncountable. Kids are doing yoga to develop focus and concentration. Hence when compared to the other children, these kids give better performance in their academics.
- Yoga keeps the children away from electronic gadgets: The primary problem parents are facing is electronic gadgets. Practicing yoga from early childhood makes the children always physically active and keeps them away from electronic gadgets.
- Yoga helps manage stress and anxiety: Yoga is the best method to relieve stress and anxiety in children. If the child makes it a habit of practicing yoga from the early stages of life, they can cope with any problem as they grow up.
- Yoga for hyperactive children: Many parents don’t know how to deal with their hyperactive kids. And children’s yoga research has proved that many children overcome this problem with the practice of yoga.
- Yoga improves concentration: Many research methods have proved that yoga improves focus and concentration in kids. Thereby kid doing yoga perform well in academics.
- Yoga develops immunity: Breathing exercises like breathing in and breathing out help increase lung capacity and develop immunity. These breathing exercises make muscles and tender joints more strong.
- Yoga develops a special bond between parents and children: Kids yoga benefits encourage both the parents and children. Moreover, yoga should be playful and as simple as possible for the children to practice at home with their parents. So that kids love to practice yoga at home as well.
- Yoga improves sleep and memory: Practice of yoga keeps the children physically active and mentally calm hence it provides sound sleep, thus improving memory and focus in children.
- Yoga for autism children: Practicing yoga gives numerous benefits to kids with autism. It especially helps them to develop body and mind coordination and visualization. As a result, yoga practice enables them to communicate well, make new friends plus make them more active.
- Yoga for respiratory tract infections: Practicing breathing exercises and yoga postures to help the children overcome respiratory tract infections.
- Yoga develops meditation in children: Yoga postures like Surya namaskars develop a sense of meditation in children from early childhood.
- Yoga for good growth and height in children: Yoga practicing children develops strong immunity. Hence these kids will get more minor hurdles in their physical growth.
- Yoga develops positive thinking in children: Practising yoga makes the children physically and emotionally more strong. This healthy mind and body make them develop positive thinking in all aspects of their life.
- Yoga develops social awareness: Children doing yoga in the schools and yoga centers develop social engagement, sharing their experiences. Particularly partner yoga postures allow them to develop trust among one another.